Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts

Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

And so it begins...

Each year, I'm always the one at my house watching Ironman Hawaii, crying as all the age group athletes triumphantly cross the finish. I think the pros are incredible, but I really get my inspiration from all the others. Stories like Sister Madonna Buder, Team Hoyt, Major David Rozelle (just to name a brief few) who can resist? Of course the one that consistently brings me to tears (I own the DVD) is Jon "Blazeman" Blais. Ever since watching him complete the race in 2005, I've remembered him saying:

“Live. More than your neighbors. Unleash yourself upon the world and go places. Go now. Giggle. No. Laugh. And bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are. Understand that this is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. Your life. Face your fears and live your dreams and take it all in. Yes, every chance you get. Come close. And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film.” John Blais - 2005 Ironman with ALS (Time: 16:28:58)

Well, now that Louisville has an Ironman (it's inaugural was this past Sunday), what excuse do I have? Here's this great event, practically in my own backyard, that secretly I've always wanted to do. Combine that with the incredible call to action from Jon Blais & I can't resist. Never mind that I've never completed a triathlon. As my friends will tell you - if I'm going to go for it - I'm going big!

So - come along for the ride. Hopefully it won't be too bumpy along the way. I signed up, I'm in & I'm committed....(and maybe a little nuts!)

TODAY'S WORKOUT: 6.25 mile run & 45 minutes swim (plus lots of packing for teenager off to college)

1 comment:

kirksfca said...

Good luck, see you there. Now I just have to break the news to my wife, she is not happy about the time commitment...